One of the ways to do this is by comparing selected facial features from the image and a facial data Store.
Recently, Facial recognition has also become popular as a commercial identification and marketing tool.
Your Face is Your Boarding Pass#Facial recognition scanners are already at more than a dozen United States airports.
The use of Facial recognition in United States airports has been spearheaded by United States Customs and Border Protection, part of the United States Department of Homeland Security, which has been testing these systems as part of its “Biometric Exit” program since 2015.
By the end of 2021, CBP has been given the goal of scanning the faces of passengers on 16,300 airlines flights per week. In 2019 the United States Department of Homeland Security said it plans to scan the faces of “over 97 percent” of departing international passengers by 2023.
While CBP has said it will only keep facial exit scans for a maximum of 14 days, the rules for partner airlines are vaguer. Speaking to the New York Times last summer, a CBP official said that while he doubted airlines would want to keep fliers’ biometric data, "it would really be up to them."
Facial recognition Privacy Considerations#Facial recognition raised many Privacy Considerations. Facial recognition is non-Discrimination as it is not concerned with Ageism, Race, Poverty or "Guilty" and can (and will) be used for Government Surveillance
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- Authentication Method Reference Values
- Automated Biometric Identification System
- Bio-political tattooing
- Blinding Identity Taxonomy
- Clearview AI
- Consolidated Consular Database
- Electronic Machine Readable Travel Document
- Examples of Evidence
- Eyeprint ID
- Facial Analysis, Comparison, and Evaluation
- Homeland Advanced Recognition Technology
- Next Generation Identification
- Platform Authenticator
- Traveler Verification Service
- Universal Authentication Framework
- Video Data Intelligence
- Video Surveillance
- Web Authentication API
- Web Blog_blogentry_081018_1
- Web Blog_blogentry_090217_1
- Windows Credential Provider
- [#1] - Facial_recognition_system - based on information obtained 2018-07-11-
- [#2] - What Your Airline Won't Tell You About Those Creepy Airport Face Scanners - based on information obtained 2019-04-24