Overview#GCP Role is a Role in Google Cloud IAM
GCP Role is a collection of GCP Permissions. You cannot assign a GCP Permission to the G-Suite User directly; instead you grant them a role. When you grant a GCP Role to a G-Suite User, you grant them all the permissions that the GCP Role contains.
- Primitive roles: The roles historically available in the Google Cloud Platform Console will continue to work. These are the Owner, Editor, and Viewer roles.
- Predefined roles: Predefined roles are the Google Cloud IAM roles that give finer-grained access control than the primitive roles.
- For example, the predefined role Publisher provides access to only publish messages to a Pub/Sub topic.
- Custom roles: Roles that you create to tailor permissions to the needs of your organization when Predefined roles don't meet your needs.
Category#Google Cloud Platform
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- GCP IAM Policy
- GCP Organizational Admin
- GCP Organizational Viewer
- GCP Project Creator
- GCP Project Owner
- Google Cloud IAM