Overview#A Hard tokens is a type of Token that is a hardware-secured key.
- require the entry of a password or a Biometric Sample to activate the authentication key;
- not be able to export authentication keys;
- be FIPS 140-2 validated (Based on NIST.SP.800-63)
OATH's Token Identifier specification is a good reference.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- Access Card
- LOA 4
- M-04-04 Level of Assurance (LOA)
- Security Token
- Shared Secret
- Trust Model
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Universal Second Factor