Overview#Hyperledger (or HyperLedger Project) incubates and promotes a range of business blockchain technologies, including Distributed Ledger Technology frameworks, Smart contracts engines, client libraries, graphical interfaces, utility libraries and sample applications.
The Hyperledger umbrella strategy encourages the re-use of common building blocks and enables rapid innovation of DLT components.
- Hyperledger Sawtooth is a modular platform for building, deploying, and running Distributed Ledger Technology. Hyperledger Sawtooth includes a novel consensus algorithm, Proof of Elapsed Time (PoET), which targets large distributed validator populations with minimal resource consumption.
- Hyperledger Iroha is a business blockchain framework designed to be simple and easy to incorporate into infrastructural projects requiring Distributed Ledger Technology
- Hyperledger Fabric is Intended as a foundation for developing applications or solutions with a modular architecture, Hyperledger Fabric allows components, such as consensus and membership services, to be plug-and-play.
- Hyperledger Burrow is a permissionable Smart contract machine. The first of its kind when released in December, 2014, Burrow provides a modular blockchain client with a permissioned smart contract interpreter built in part to the specification of the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM).
- Hyperledger Indy is a Distributed Ledger Technology, purpose-built for decentralized identity. It provides tools, libraries, and reusable components for creating and using independent digital identities rooted on blockchains or other distributed ledgers for interoperability.
- Hyperledger Cello is a tool that aims to bring the on-demand “as-a-service” deployment model to the blockchain ecosystem to reduce the effort required for creating, managing and terminating blockchains.
- Hyperledger Composer is a collaboration tool for building blockchain business networks, accelerating the development of smart contracts and their deployment across a Distributed Ledger Technology.
- Hyperledger Explorer is a tool that can view, invoke, deploy or query blocks, transactions and associated data, network information, chain codes and transaction families, as well as any other relevant information stored in the ledger.
- Hyperledger Quilt offers interoperability between ledger systems by implementing ILP, which is primarily a payments protocol and is designed to transfer value across Distributed Ledger Technology and non-distributed ledgers.