Overview#ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 is the 2 letter Country Code.
ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 are the most widely used of the country codes published by ISO (the others being ISO 3166-1 alpha-3 and numeric), and are used most prominently for the Internet's country code top-level domains (with a few exceptions).
ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 were first included as part of the standard in its first edition of ISO 3166.
ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 codes are used in different environments and are also part of other standards. In some cases they are not perfectly implemented.
- ISO 4217 Currency Code
- ISO 3901 International Standard Recording Code (ISRC)
- ISO 6166 International Securities Identifying Number (ISIN)
- ISO 9362 Bank Identifier Codes (BIC or SWIFT code)
- ISO 13616 International Bank Account Number (IBAN)
- ISO 15511 International Standard Identifier for Libraries and Related Organizations (ISIL)
- UN/LOCODE United Nations Code for Trade and Transport Locations and United Nations Economic Commission for Europe
- with deviations, for Country Code Top-Level Domain (ccTLDs) on the Internet: list of Internet TLDs.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- Country Code
- Country String
- Distinguished Names
- ISO 3166
- ISO 3166-1 alpha-3
- ISO 3166-1 numeric
- ISO 3166-2.US
- ISO 639
- Insular Areas
- International Standard Recording Code
- OpenID Connect Standard Claims
- SWIFT code
- United States Minor Outlying Islands