An InterWiki link is used when you don't want to link inside this particular Wiki, but you want to cross-reference to some other site. You can easily type in the entire URL, if you want to, but if that Wiki should ever move, it would become a bit problematic to update all links.
So, your friendly administrator has set up a bunch of InterWiki links in the JSPWiki configuration file. You can also see them from the SystemInfo page.
|Available InterWiki links|
|WikiWikiWeb --> http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?%s, JSPWiki --> http://jspwiki-wiki.apache.org/Wiki.jsp?page=%s, Doc --> http://jspwiki-wiki.apache.org/Wiki.jsp?page=%s, TWiki --> http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/TWiki/%s, Wikipedia --> http://www.wikipedia.com/wiki/%s, Google --> http://www.google.com/search?q=%s, RFC --> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc%s, MeatballWiki --> http://usemod.com/cgi-bin/mb.pl?%s, Edit --> Edit.jsp?page=%s|
- Google:Wiki ([Google:Wiki]) -- working
- Wikipedia:Wiki ([Wikipedia:Wiki]) -- working
- JSPWiki:OneMinuteWiki ([JSPWiki:OneMinuteWiki]) -- working
- MeatballWiki:MeatballWiki ([MeatballWiki:MeatballWiki]) -- working
- WikiWikiWeb:Wiki ([WikiWikiWeb:Wiki]) -- not working
- TWiki:Wiki ([TWiki:Wiki]) -- not working (login required)
- Edit:Main ([Edit:Main]) -- not working
Nearly half of all interwiki links of JSPWiki are not working ans all InterWikiLink to JSPWiki are not working too.
You use an InterWiki link by just putting the name of the Wiki inside the brackets before the page name, and separate them with a colon, like this: [<name of the wiki>:<page name>].
For example, this links to Ward Cunningham's Wiki, page JspWiki: WikiWikiWeb:JspWiki.
You can also do some nifty tricks with the InterWiki linking. Those are covered in InterWikiLinkTips.