Overview#Issuer (iss) is generally the Issuer of the item. Authoritative source is referred to as the Issuer Openid-configuration URL using the HTTPS scheme with no query or fragment component that the OpenID Connect Identity Provider (IDP) asserts as its Issuer Identifier.
If Issuer discovery is supported, this value MUST be identical to the Issuer value returned by WebFinger. This also MUST be identical to the iss JWT Claim Value in Identity Token issued from this Issuer.X.509 Certificates is referred to as the Certificate Issuer entity that creates a Verifiable Claim, associates it with a particular subject, and transmits it to a holder.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- Access to Account
- Account Servicing Payment Service Provider
- Best Practices OpenID Connect
- Certificate Issuer
- Identity Token Validation
- JSON Web Token Claims
- JSON Web Tokens
- JSON-LD Examples
- Proof-of-Possession Key Semantics for JSON Web Tokens (JWTs)
- The Berlin Group
- Verifiable Claims
- Web Blog_blogentry_150617_1
- Web Blog_blogentry_281018_1