There are several tools that we/I use on many projects. We thought it would be good to provide a collection of those tools.IDM Toolbox are things we find useful for working with IDM.
Tools for HTML debugging#If you are working with:
- Access Manager type of products
- Working with SAML, Liberty, WS*
- Developing HTML pages
Then you should have some of these tools.
Firefox#These tools work with FireFox Browsers. httpwatch has free and pay for version. Works with both IE and Firefox. livehttpheaders project is to add information about the HTTP headers in two ways:
- First by adding a 'Headers' tab in 'View Page Info' of a web page.
- Second by adding a tool in the 'Tools->Web Development' menu to be able to display http headers in real time (while pages are being downloaded from the Internet.
- Third by letting you edit request headers and replay an URL (beta). Look for the Replay button in the live window
IE #These tools work with IE Browsers. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=E59C3964-672D-4511-BB3E-2D5E1DB91038&displaylang=en iehttpheaders is an Explorer Bar for Microsoft Internet Explorer that will display the HTTP Headers sent and received by Internet Explorer as you surf the web. It can be useful in debugging various web-development problems related to cookies, caching, redirection, proxy servers, etc. It is nicely integrated with Microsoft Internet Explorer so you'll be able to see the HTTP headers as they sent and received from the web server, without any need to fire up an extra tool set. http://www.httpwatch.com/ DirXML, Novell Designer is required.
Text Editor#We use Ultra-Edit, but there are several good editors out there that can be used instead. These fluent editors are required for:
- Viewing and editing UTF-8 files
- Viewing and searching large multi-megabyte log files
- Quick Program or config file editing
- Keeping notes