Overview#Kerberos SSP is a Security Support Provider as used in the Microsoft Active Directory Security Support Provider Interface
Kerberos SSP (Kerberos.dll) is the preferred choice for authentication in Windows Server.
- ServicePrincipalName (SPN)
- UserPrincipalName (UPN)
- NetBIOS account name as the target name. Otherwise, Kerberos SSP always selects the NTLM SSP security provider.
- Microsoft Active Directory queries using the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Remote Desktop Protocol server or workstation management using RPC calls.
- Print services.
- Client-server authentication.
- Remote file access using Common Internet File System/Server Message Block (CIFS/SMB).
- Distributed file system management and referrals.
- Intranet authentication to Internet Information Services (IIS) and Windows Integrated Authentication
- Security authority authentication for Internet Protocol Security (IPsec).
- Certificate requests to Certificate Services for domain users and computers.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- Local Security Authority
- Negotiate SSP
- Security Support Provider
- Security Support Provider Interface