Overview#Key is a granted Privilege used by a lock (Policy Enforcement Point PEP) to provide Access to a Protected Resource
Key is used for locking or unlocking a Protected Resourceparameter used with a cryptographic algorithm that determines its operation in such a way that an entity with knowledge of the key can reproduce or reverse the operation, while an entity without knowledge of the key cannot.
Examples applicable to this Recommendation include:
- The computation of a keyed-hash message authentication code.
- The verification of a keyed-hash message authentication code.
- The generation of a Digital Signature on a message.
- The verification of a Digital Signature.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- Asymmetric cipher
- Cipher-based Message Authentication Code
- Cryptographic Primitive
- Digital Key
- Kerberos Cryptosystem Negotiation Extension
- Kerberos Pre-Authentication
- Key agreement
- Key size
- Memorized secrets
- NICISDI Keys
- Password Validator
- SDI Key
- Security Domain Infrastructure
- Server Storage Key
- Session Key
- Symmetric cipher
- Trust No One
- WebAuthn Attestation
- Wi-Fi Protected Access 2