MaxPageSize in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 has a Hardcoded limit which override LDAP policy in Active Directory setting when the policy value should be higher.
Overcoming MaxPageSize#MaxPageSize when exceeded will result in the LDAP Result Code LDAP_ADMINLIMIT_EXCEEDED from the SearchRequest. Microsofts recommendation is to use the Simple Paged Results Control
Changing the MaxPageSize Value #The value is stored in the LDAP policy in Active Directory. You can change the value with Ntdsutil.exe
Overcoming the MaxPageSize Value #Using the Simple Paged Results Control can help with the retrieval of entries beyond the MaxPageSize value.
More Information #There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- LDAP policy in Active Directory
- Maximum Database Record Size
- Microsoft Active Directory Anomalies
- Simple Paged Results Control
- [#1] - LDAP Policies - based on information retrieved 2013-08-12
- [#2] - Windows Server 2008 domain controller returns only 5000 - based on information retrieved 2013-08-12
- [#3] - Override the hardcoded LDAP Query limits introduced in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 - based on information retrieved 2013-08-12