- Adding replicas to NcpServer
- Removing replicas from NcpServer
- Creating new partitions in the eDirectory tree
- Removing existing NDS Partitions from the eDirectory tree
- Relocating a NDS Partitions in the eDirectory tree
The NDS Master Replica is also used to perform the following types of eDirectory object operations:
- Adding new LDAP Entry to the eDirectory tree
- Removing, renaming, or relocating existing a LDAP Entry in the eDirectory tree
- Authenticating objects to the eDirectory tree
- Adding new object LDAP Schema items to the eDirectory tree
- Modifying or removing existing LDAP Schema items.
By default, the first eDirectory server on your network becomes NDS Master Replica. There is only one NDS Master Replica for each partition at a time. If other replicas are created, they are read/write replicas by default.
If you're going to bring down the server holding a NDS Master Replica for longer than a day or two, you can make one of the read/write replicas the master. The original master replica automatically becomes read/write.