NDS Partition is a distinct portion of the EDirectory
Tree that stores and replicates directory information.
NDS Partition Types#
- System Partition - The System partition keeps track of information specific to the local server.
- Schema Partition - The Schema partition keeps track of all the object class and attribute definition information for the server.
- External Reference Partition - The External Reference Partition (commonly referred to as the ExRef Partition, contains information about objects that don't exist in a partition on the local server.
- Bindery Partition - To provide backward compatibility with NetWare 2.x and NetWare 3.x and bindery-based applications
- User-Defined Partitions - The normal partition we work with.
NOT Replicated #
The following are NOT Replicated to other servers:
There might be more information for this subject on one of the following: