Overview#NDS Replica Pointer is an eDirectory LDAPSyntaxes Used for attributes whose values represent NDS Partition Edirectory Replicas.
A value of this syntax is composed of five parts:
- serverName - The DistinguishedName of the server that stores the Edirectory Replica.
- replicaType - A value describing the capabilities of this copy of the NDS Partition: NDS Master Replica, NDS Read-Write Replica, NDS Read-Only Replica or NDS Subordinate Reference Replica.
- replicaState - A value indicating the current state of the Edirectory Replica (new, dying, locked, changing state, splitting, joining, moving).
- Replicanumber - an integer representing the replica
- replicaAddressHint - A referral containing one or more network addresses that hint at the node at which the server probably resides. Since servers are accessible over different protocols, the server may have an address for each supported protocol.