Overview#NIST.SP.800-38is a NIST Special Publication titled as "Recommendation for Block Cipher Modes of Operation: Methods and Techniques"
- Electronic Code Book (ECB)
- Cipher Block Chaining (CBC),
- Cipher FeedBack (CFB)
- Output FeedBack (OFB)
- Counter mode (CTR)
- Counter mode with CBC-MAC (CCM)
- Galois-Counter Mode (GCM)
- There may also be others
Used with an underlying Block Cipher algorithm that is approved in a Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS), these Block Cipher Modes can provide cryptographic protection for sensitive, but unclassified, computer data.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- [#1] - Recommendation for Block Cipher Modes of Operation: Methods and Techniques - based on information obtained 2018-08-08-