Overview#National Cyber Security Division (NCSD) is a division of the Office of Cyber Security & Communications, within the United States Department of Homeland Security's Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.
National Cyber Security Division is funded through the following three Congressionally appropriated Programs,
- Projects and Activities (PPA)
- United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT)
- Strategic Initiatives, and Outreach and Programs
Strategic Objectives#National Cyber Security Division's Strategic Objectives To protect the cyber infrastructure, NCSD has identified two overarching objectives:
- To build and maintain an effective national cyberspace response system.
- To implement a cyber-risk management program for protection of critical infrastructure.
National Cyber Security Division Prioities#
- Continued development of the EINSTEIN system’s capabilities as a critical tool in protecting the Federal Executive Branch civilian departments and agencies.
- Development of the National Cyber Incident Response Plan (NCIRP) in full collaboration with the private sector and other key stakeholders. NCIRP ensures that all national cybersecurity partners understand their roles in cyber incident response and are prepared to participate in a coordinated and managed process.
- Increase the security of automated control systems that operate elements of the national critical infrastructure.