This will likely take longer than you expect, even if everybody involves tells you that they know exactly how everything works, as you will find things that they forgot to tell you about, or didn't think mattered, or didn't even know themselves.
Maintain the Default Tables#You should maintain the default "out-of-the-box" components:
- PeopleSoft Driver
- Component Interface
The "out-of-the-box" components may be needed or desired if there are issues between the PeopleSoft CI and the IDM System. If the "out-of-the-box" components work and the "customized" components fail, then you will have a better idea as to where to look. We have also been required to re-install these components when working Support Requests from Novell.
TRANSACTION Component Interface#We can not find an explanation of the CI properties for the TRANSACTION Component Interface from Novell.
The provided TRANSACTION Component Interface has the following:
- Property ’DIRXML_ASSOC_ID’ is present.
- Property ’DIRXML_CURRDTTM’ is present.
- Property ’DIRXML_DESCR’ is present.
- Property ’DIRXML_DRIVER’ is present and validated as key field.
- Property ’DIRXML_DTTM’ is present.
- Property ’DIRXML_EVENT’ is present.
- Property ’DIRXML_FIELDKEY’ is present.
- Property ’DIRXML_FIELDNAME’ is present.
- Property ’DIRXML_INST’ is present and validated as key field.
- Property ’DIRXML_PROCESSED’ is present.
- Property ’DIRXML_SCHEMA’ is present.
- Property ’DIRXML_STATUS’ is present.
- Property ’DIRXML_VALUE’
Below we do show what we have found out.
DIRXML_STATUS Codes#As far as we know these are all:
- A - Available - Waiting on the driver
- C - Canceled - No idea.
- I - In process - being processed by the driver
- S - Success - Properly acepted by the driver.
- W - Warning - The driver failed to some degree to process the transaction.
- E - Error - The driver failed to process the transaction.
DIRXML_FIELDKEY#DIRXML_FIELDKEY = Collection Row Delete Field Key: The key field value of the deleted data row
DIRXML_FIELDNAME#DIRXML_FIELDNAME = Collection Row Delete Field Name: The field name of the scroll level attribute in the application record.
DIRXML_VALUE#DIRXML_VALUE = Transaction Miscellaneous Info: The parameter contains 1...n values that the developer wants to pass to the driver during processing. This value might not be available via the Schema object when a transaction is processed by the driver. (Example: ASSOC_ID | "| | LAST_NAME)
NovellS PeopleSoft Driver DIRXML_EVENT codes#The driver then retrieves the Event Name (DIRXML_EVENT), which it uses to create an Add, Modify, or Delete XML document.
- A – Add
- M – Modify
- D - Delete
- R - Row Delete
Also, be aware that some implementations of PeopleSoft will use a primary port and then switch immediately to a second port. We have been caught on this one a couple of times where we could telnet to the primary but not the secondary.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
[#1] IDM Driver Walkthrough: PeopleSoft