Overview#Palantir Technologies is a private American software Organizational Entity that specializes in big data analytics was founded by Peter Thiel, Nathan Gettings, Joe Lonsdale, Stephen Cohen, and Alex Karp.
The company's name is derived from The Lord of the Rings: a palantír is an artifact used to communicate with or see faraway parts of the world.
The company is known for three projects in particular:
- Palantir Gotham is used by counter-terrorism analysts at offices in the United States Intelligence Community (USIC) and United States Department of Defense, fraud investigators at the Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board, and cyber analysts at Information Warfare Monitor
- Palantir Metropolis is used by hedge funds, banks, and financial services firms.
- Palantir Foundry is used by corporate clients such as Morgan Stanley, Merck KGaA, Airbus, and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV.
Palantir's original clients were federal agencies of the Underground Utility Location and Damage Prevention USIC. It has since expanded its customer base to serve state and local governments, as well as private companies in the financial and healthcare industries.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- Automated License Plate Reader
- Palantir Gotham
- Palantir Metropolis
- Web Blog_blogentry_081018_1
- Web Blog_blogentry_130719_1