Overview #The Partition Root Entry is the top entry in a NDS Partition which will also have the Partition ObjectClass
For normal operations, including EDirectory Synchronization, to be successful, the Partition Root Entry on each server must store several important attributes and their values:
- Replica Pointers AttributeType - The local server stores a pointer to the remote servers that contain a Edirectory Replica of this NDS Partition. This pointer structure contains, among other things, the server's ID, address, and the Edirectory Replica Type stored on the server.
- Partition Control AttributeType - The local server uses this attribute to track the progress of operations such as splitting and joining partitions and repairing timestamps.
- Partition Status AttributeType - The local server uses this attribute to store information about the success of the last synchronization cycle.
- Synchronized Up To AttributeType - NetWare 4.x or earlier servers use this attribute to store a timestamp that indicates the last update the local replica received from each remote replica.
- LocalReceivedUpTo AttributeType - EDirectory 8.8 and Later, a non-synchronizing attribute whose value represents the current state in time that the local eDirectory agent has received changes up to in EDirectory Synchronization.
- Transitive Vector AttributeType - EDirectory 8.8 and Later servers use this attribute to store information about each Edirectory Replica in the Replica List, and the attribute includes a modification time stamp.