Overview#Passwords Must Meet Complexity Requirements is a "Phrase" used in Microsoft Active Directory to indicate the Password Quality or Password
Passwords Must Meet Complexity Requirements#The default password filter Passfilt.dll included with Windows Server 2003 requires that a password:
- Is not based on the user’s account name.
- Contains at least six characters. Password Minimum Length
- Contains characters from three of the following four categories:
- Uppercase alphabet characters (A–Z)
- Lowercase alphabet characters (a–z)
- Arabic numerals (0–9)
- Nonalphanumeric characters (for example, !$#,%)
As stated above, this policy is NOT enabled by default. This policy is enabled by activating the "Passwords Must Meet Complexity Requirements" in the GPO for the domain and can be determined from LDAP by Evaluating values of the pwdProperties Attribute.