Overview#Primitive data type is a Data Classification of a Data type
Most programming languages support various Primitive data types, for example: Classic basic primitive types may include:
- Character (character, char)
- Integer (integer, int, short, long, byte) with a variety of precisions
- Floating-point number (float, double, real, double precision)
- Fixed-point number (fixed) with a variety of precisions and a programmer-selected scale.
- Boolean, logical values true and false.
- Reference data type (also called a pointer or handle), a small value referring to another object's address in memory or a perhaps a hyperlink. (by-reference)