Overview#PwdHistory attribute holds a history of previously used passwords. Values of this attribute are transmitted in string format as given by the following ABNF:
pwdHistory = time "#" syntaxOID "#" length "#" data time = GeneralizedTime
syntaxOID = numericoid ; the string representation of the
- dotted-decimal OID that defines the
- syntax used to store the password.
length = number ; the number of octets in data.
data = <octets representing the password in the format specified by syntaxOID>.
This format allows the server to store, and transmit a history of passwords that have been used. In order for equality matching to function properly, the time field needs to adhere to a consistent format. For this purpose, the time field MUST be in GMT format.
PwdHistory is defined as
- OID of 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168
- NAME PwdHistory
- DESC 'The history of user s passwords'
- EQUALITY octetStringMatch
- SYNTAX 22.214.171.124.4.1.14126.96.36.199.40
- USAGE DirectoryOperation