Overview#Releasability refers to restrictions that may be placed on the disclosure of data unauthorized entities
Generally below is aimed at the Government Entity but you get the idea.
The recommended data values for this element include:
- Sensitive But Unclassified (SBU) is a releasability restriction often used.
- FOUO - For Official Use Only
- NATO - The data value is releasable to NATO allies only and should not be distributed to other foreign nationals.
- NOFORN - The data is not releasable to any foreign nationals.
- FVEY - The data is releasable to Five Eyes Intelligence Alliance nations only.
- Public Release - The data is explicitly approved for Public release.
- Externally Releasable for Business Purposes - The data value has been explicitly approved for release to parties externally, but for approved business purposes only. For example, this may be leveraged by an entity to approve the release or attribute values as part of a federated environment
- Do Not Release - The data has not been approved for release beyond the originating Data Ownership.
- None - There are no distribution or release caveats associated with the data. This, however, does not mean that the data may be freely distributed.