Overview#SCIM Sorting allows SCIM Clients to specify the order in which SCIM Resource are returned by specifying a combination of sortBy and sortOrder URL parameters.
SCIM Sorting is OPTIONAL
sortBy#The sortBy parameter specifies the attribute whose value SHALL be used to order the returned responses.
If the sortBy attribute corresponds to a:
- Singular Attribute, SCIM Resources are sorted according to that attribute's value;
- if it's a Multi-valued Attribute, SCIM Resources are sorted by the value of the primary attribute, if any, or else the first value in the list, if any.
- If the attribute is complex the attribute name must be a path to a Sub-Attribute in standard attribute notation ;
- e.g., sortBy=name.givenName.
- For all attribute types, if there is no data for the specified sortBy value they are sorted via the 'sortOrder' parameter; i.e., they are ordered last if ascending and first if descending.
sortOrder#The order in which the sortBy parameter is applied. Allowed values are "ascending" and "descending".
If a value for sortBy is provided and no sortOrder is specified, the sortOrder SHALL default to ascending. String type attributes are case-insensitive by default unless the attribute type is defined as a caseExact string.
sortOrder MUST sort according to the attribute type; i.e., for caseIgnore attributes, sort the result using case insensitive, Unicode alphabetic sort order, with no specific locale implied and for caseExact attribute types, sort the result using case-sensitive, Unicode alphabetic sort order.