Overview#Schema Extensions are ways to Extend the LDAP Schema to add more functionality.
Generally, you should try to find existing Schema Extensions for what you wish to accomplish rather than going and modifying the LDAP Schema with custom Schema Extensions. Check out the LDAP Object Identifier Descriptors for existing LDAP Schema entries.
Creating Schema Extensions is as much an art as a science and we believe should be left to the more experienced.
Read our Standard Disclaimer. In short we nor anyone else who contributed information provided on this site is liable. It is all on YOU!
Please read the schema and be sure you know what you are attempting.
Process#We prefer using LDIF files designed to update the schema on EDirectory server implementations. Most of these will import with, perhaps minor changes with most LDAP server implementations.
- AbzillaPerson - The Mozilla LDAP Address Book Schema AbzillaPerson
- Schema for Linux User Management for iManager - If you want Linux User Management (LUM) and you do not use OES, this may help.
- sudo LDAP Schema - Is now maintained with each sudo release.
- PAM NIS LDAP type RFC-2307 Schemas PAMSchemaModifications and Some more information on LDAP Schemas For NIS In LDAP
- LDAP Schema for Intranet Mail Routing As near as I can determine this is typically being used, even though it appears that it expired.
- An Application Object Schema We created An Application Object Schema for use in environments where there were a lot (1,000s) of applications using LDAP
- Solaris NIS Project Schema The Solaris NIS Project Schema.
- RFC-3712 LDAP Printer Schema The RFC-3712 LDAP Printer Schema
- Schema for Samba 3 - After you've installed the net/samba3 port you should find the schema file in: /usr/local/share/examples/samba/LDAP/samba.schema
- Novell Secure Password Manager Schema Definitions - Some information on Novell Secure Password Manager Schema Definitions.
- Novell's Dirxml Schema Informtion - Some information on Novell's Dirxml Schema Informtion.