Overview#Side-channel attacks is any attack based on information gained from the physical implementation of a cryptosystem, rather than Brute-Force or Cryptographically Weakness in the algorithms.
Some Side-channel attacks require technical knowledge of the internal operation of the system, either the Operating System or even the hardware, on which the cryptography is implemented, although others such as differential power analysis are effective as black-box attacks.
Many powerful Side-channel attacks are based on statistical methods pioneered by Paul Kocher.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- Computational Hardness Assumption
- Information-theoretic Secure
- Privacy Considerations Distributed Ledger Technology
- Web Blog_blogentry_270717_1
- Web Blog_blogentry_280617_1