Overview#Sign in with Apple was announced at Apple’s Worldwide Developer Conference 2019.
Requirements#Sign in with Apple will require that app developers must implement this single sign-on solution wherever they already offer another third-party Authentication Mechanism. Apple’s position on the matter is that it wants to give its customers a "more private choice".
Sign in with Apple Privacy Enhancing Technologies#Sign in with Apple user's will be able to choose to reveal their Email Address or Apple will generate a random, but real and verified, Email Address for the app in question to use, then will route the emails the app wants to send to that address. The user can choose to disable the app email address at any time like — like if they begin to get spam, for example.
The ability to create disposable Email Address is not new — you can add pluses (+) or dots (.) in your Gmail address, for example, to set up filters to delete emails from addresses that become compromised. Other email providers offer similar features. However, these other systems do not allow you to disable these addresses.Apple sends a six-digit code to a trusted device or phone number.
What is revealed Applications#The Application will only receive
- the user’s name associated with their Apple ID
- the user’s verified email address, or the random email address that routes email to their inbox,
- a stable Unique Identifier that allows them to set up the user’s account in their system.
- NOt known if this is a persistent Unique Identifier over multiple apps or devices.
- Sign in with Apple integrates with iCloud KeyChain
- Developer Guidelines
- "you will need to register your outbound email domains."
- Sign In with Apple REST API
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- [#1] - Sign In with Apple: Learn About the New Identity Provider - based on information obtained 2019-06-09
- [#2] - Answers to your burning questions about how ‘Sign In with Apple’ works - based on information obtained 2019-06-09
- [#3] - Make signing in easy. - based on information obtained 2019-06-09
- [#4] - How Sign in with Apple differs from OpenID Connect - based on information obtained 2019-06-18
- [#2] - What the Heck is Sign In with Apple - based on information obtained 2019-06-18