Overview#SubschemaSubentry is an Attribute found in the RootDSE which name of a SubschemaSubentry that provides information about the schema elements defined in the server. Attributes in this entry include:
- LDAPSyntaxes -- The set of LDAPSyntaxes defined in the server schema.
- MatchingRules -- The set of MatchingRule defined in the server schema.
- matchingRuleUse -- The set of matching rule uses defined in the server schema for extensibleMatch filters.
- AttributeTypes -- The set of attribute Type defined in the server schema.
- ObjectClasses -- The set of object classes defined in the server schema.
- Name Forms -- The set of Name Forms defined in the server schema.
- DIT Content Rule -- The set of DIT Content Rule defined in the server schema.
- DIT Structure Rule -- The set of DIT Structure Rule defined in the server schema.
Also note that it is technically possible for directory servers to have multiple SubschemaSubentry with different sets of schema definitions that govern different portions of the DIT. The schema that applies to any given entry may be determined by retrieving the subschemaSubentry Virtual Attribute from that entry.
OpenDS currently supports only a single schema, and by default publishes that schema at "cn=schema".
Attribute Definition#The SubschemaSubentry AttributeTypes is defined as:
- OID of 184.108.40.206
- NAME: SubschemaSubentry
- EQUALITY: distinguishedNameMatch
- SYNTAX: 220.127.116.11.4.1.1418.104.22.168.12
- USAGE DirectoryOperation