- International terrorism: Perpetrated by individuals and/or groups inspired by or associated with designated foreign terrorist organizations or nations (state-sponsored).
- Domestic terrorism: Perpetrated by individuals and/or groups inspired by or associated with primarily United States-based movements that espouse extremist ideologies of a political, religious, social, racial, or environmental nature.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- Automated Targeting System
- Countering the Financing of Terrorism
- Export restrictions
- Financial Action Task Force
- Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act
- Operational Risk
- Palantir Technologies
- REAL ID
- Repository for Individuals of Special Concern
- United States Department of Homeland Security
- United States Director of National Intelligence
- United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- United States PATRIOT Act