Overview#Tink is a multi-language, cross-platform, Open Source Software library that provides cryptographic APIs that are secure, easy to use correctly, and hard(er) to misuse.
Tink reduces common crypto pitfalls with user-centered design, careful implementation and code reviews, and extensive testing.
- Authenticated Encryption with associated data (primitive: AEAD)
- Message Authentication Code (primitive: MAC),
- Digital Signature (primitives: PublicKeySign and PublicKeyVerify)
- hybrid encryption (primitives: HybridEncrypt and HybridDecrypt).
General properties of all primitives:
- stateless (hence thread-safe)
- copy-safe (for the parameters)
- at least 128-bit security (with an exception for RSA)