Its motto is "Improving the health, safety, and well-being of America".
Before the separate federal Department of Education was created in 1979, it was called the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare (HEW).
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Data Privacy
- Fair Information Practices
- HIPAA Covered Entity
- HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- National Institutes of Health
- United States Cabinet Department
- United States Department of Education
- United States Department of Homeland Security
- [#1] - United_States_Department_of_Health_and_Human_Services - based on information obtained 2013-05-06-