Overview#Vector is for most programming purposes a an array.
Programing Languages #Programing Languages often treat Vectors and Arrays as different Objects
We all need a little context:
- Physicists think of Vectors as arrows in space with a length and a direction.
- Computer scientists think of Vectors as ordered lists of numbers.
- mathematicians seeks to generalize both these views saying that a Vector can be anything where there's a sensible notion of adding two Vectors and multiplying a Vector by a number operations. Details of this view are rather abstract.
Vector is a arrow inside a x - y plane or an x-y axis rooted at their intersection.
Vector is a pair of numbers that basically gives instructions for how to get from the tail of that Vector at the origin to its tip the first number tells you how far to walk along the:
- x axis - Where positive numbers indicating rightward motion negative numbers indicating leftward motion.
- y-axis - The second number tells you how far to walk parallel to the y-axis. Where after that positive numbers indicating upward motion and negative numbers indicating downward motion.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- Basis vectors
- Cost function
- Euclidean Vector
- Linear Regression
- Linear transformation
- Machine Learning Taxonomy
- Matrix multiplication
- Mean Squared Error
- Supervised Learning
- Training dataset
- Vector Field
- Vector Space