Overview#Web Origin is described in RFC 6454 as "Roughly speaking", two URIs are part of the same Web Origin (i.e., represent the same principal) if they have the same URI Scheme, hostname, and port.
Web Origin is the HTTP Request Header "Origin"
- origin = "Origin:" OWS origin-list-or-null OWS
- origin-list-or-null = %x6E %x75 %x6C %x6C / origin-list
- origin-list = serialized-origin *( SP serialized-origin )
- serialized-origin = scheme "://" host [ ":" port ] ; <scheme>, <host>, <port> from RFC 3986
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- Cross Origin Resource Sharing
- Fetch API
- HTTP Request Header
- Protocol Server
- RFC 6454
- Same Origin Policy
- Same-site Cookies
- Web Origin