Overview#Winlogon is the component of Windows Client Authentication Architecture within Microsoft Windows that is responsible for handling the secure attention sequence.
Winlogon process is responsible for:
- Microsoft Windows station and desktop protection
- loading your user profile into the Windows registry which allows programs to use the keys under HKEY_CURRENT_USER and is different for each Windows user account.
- Screen saver control
- Standard Secure Attention Sequence (SAS) events recognition
- Assignment of security to user shell
- optionally locking the computer when a screensaver is running
- Multiple network provider support