Overview#XDAS is a The Open Group standard
The objective of the XDAS specification is to define:
- a set of generic events of relevance at a global Distributed system level, For example, end-user system sign-on and the initiation and termination of communication sessions between components.
- a common portable auditing record format to facilitate the merging and analysis of audit information from multiple components at the Distributed system level
- an API for use by applications to submit events to XDAS
- an API to import audit data from existing component specific audit services to XDAS
- an API to configure event pre-selection criteria for event submission to XDAS
- an API to read records from a XDAS audit trail
XDAS standard model#The XDAS standard model defines three separate actors in any XDAS Event record connected by an XDAS Action:
- The XDAS Initiator causes the event to occur by taking action against the Target.
- The XDAS Target is the resource affected by the Action
- The XDAS Observer detects the XDAS Action taking place and generates an event record to describe it.
As far as I know, Originally conceived as part of the Novell "Bandit Project" it is now part of the OpenGroup.
The XDAS standard defines three very critical aspects of auditing: API, Record Format, and Taxonomy.
Generally, our work involves the use of XDASv2 regarding Novell eDirectory 8.8 and Novell Identity Manager.XDAS Setup and Configuration.
- Getting started with the enhanced XDAS features found in eDirectory 88 SP7 Patch 3
- XDASv2 for eDirectory, Identity Manager, and NMAS V1
- Sentinel Taxonomy
- Sentinel Event Schema
- Disappearing XDAS Tab in iManager
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- Audit And Reporting Services
- EDirectory 184.108.40.206 (40005.12)
- Event System
- Example Custom IDM Event For XDAS
- Generate Custom IDM Event
- LDAP Monitor
- Novell Audit
- Novell Audit Fields
- XDAS Correlation IDs for IDM
- XDAS Fields
- XDAS For NMAS
- XDAS Issues
- XDAS JSON Schema
- XDAS Setup and Configuration