Overview#_ndsdb.ini or Database Configuration File contains tunable parameters such as FLAIM Cache size can be statically assigned as a hard limit or dynamically configured by EDirectory.
If the FLAIM Cache size is statically assigned, the _ndsdb.ini file will be created in the dib directory.
Modifying eDirectory FLAIM Cache Settings through _ndsdb.ini#The FLAIM FLAIM Cache settings and other FLAIM configurations can be performed by modifying the _ndsdb.ini file that resides in the DIB directory.
You can set the dynamically adjusting limit or the hard cache limit. The cache options are listed below. Multiple options can be specified, in any order, separated by commas. All are optional.
- Dynamic Cache Mode or Static Cache Mode - Dynamically adjusting a limit or hard limit.
- % : percentage - Percentage of available or physical memory to use.
- AVAIL or TOTAL - The percentage specifies available memory or total physical memory. It is applicable only for the hard limit and ignored for the Dynamic Cache Mode as limits are always calculated based on the available physical memory. By default, it is AVAIL.
- MIN: bytes - Minimum number of bytes.
- MAX: bytes - Maximum number of bytes.
- LEAVE: bytes - Minimum number of bytes to leave.
cache=HARD,%:75, MIN:200000000 cache=500000000
- hard cache limit (cache Parameter) - Maximum amount of memory to use for eDirectory FLAIM Cache when this line does not exist FLAIM Cache will operate in Dynamic Cache Mode.
- preallocatecache (true/false) - This setting causes eDirectory to preallocate the amount of memory specified by the hard cache limit. Available in eDirectory 220.127.116.11 and above. The FLAIM Cache is permanently allocated from the host Operating System and maintained by eDirectory's FLAIM memory allocator.
- maxdirtycache - Maximum dirty cache bytes.
- lowdirtycache - Minimum dirty cache bytes.
- blockcachepercent - Percentage of the FLAIM Cache used for FLAIM Block Cache.
- cacheadjustinterval - Interval in seconds for dynamically adjusting the FLAIM Cache. (Only applies if running as a Dynamic Cache Mode.)
- cachecleanupinterval - Interval in seconds for cleaning up old versions of entries and blocks from the FLAIM Cache
- cpinterval - Number of seconds after which FLAIM forces a FLAIM checkpoint. The default is 3 minutes.
- disablemovetoattrcontainer=true/false -
- rflkeepfiles - States that RFL logging is turned on for hot continuous backups. Set to 0 to disable.
- logstreamfiles - When "0" Stream file changes will NOT be logged to the Roll-Forward Log.
- rfldirectory=vol1:rfl - Specifies the volume and path for the Roll-Forward Log files.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- FLAIM Attribute Containerization
- Files In Dib Directory
- Hard cache limit
- Preventing eDirectory from Auto Adding Indexes
- Roll-Forward Log
- Verify Edirectory Config