Overview#_ndsdb.ini or Database Configuration File contains tunable parameters such as FLAIM Cache size can be statically assigned as a hard limit or dynamically configured by EDirectory.
If the FLAIM Cache size is statically assigned, the _ndsdb.ini file will be created in the dib directory.
Modifying eDirectory FLAIM Cache Settings through _ndsdb.ini#The FLAIM FLAIM Cache settings and other FLAIM configurations can be performed by modifying the _ndsdb.ini file that resides in the DIB directory.
You can set the dynamically adjusting limit or the hard cache limit. The cache options are listed below. Multiple options can be specified, in any order, separated by commas. All are optional.
- DYN or HARD - Dynamically adjusting a limit or hard limit.
- % : percentage - Percentage of available or physical memory to use.
- MIN: bytes - Minimum number of bytes.
- MAX: bytes - Maximum number of bytes.
- LEAVE: bytes - Minimum number of bytes to leave.
cache=HARD,%:75, MIN:200000000 cache=500000000
- cache - Maximum amount of memory to use for eDirectory FLAIM Cache. If this line does not exist FLAIM Cache will operate in Dynamic Cache Mode.
- preallocatecache (true/false) - This setting causes eDirectory to preallocate the amount of memory specified by the hard cache limit. Avaliable in eDirectory 18.104.22.168 and above. The FLAIM Cache is permanently allocated from the host Operating System and maintained by eDirectory's FLAIM memory allocator.
- maxdirtycache - Maximum dirty cache bytes.
- lowdirtycache - Minimum dirty cache bytes.
- blockcachepercent - Percentage of the FLAIM cache used for block cache.
- cacheadjustinterval - Interval in seconds for dynamically adjusting the cache. (Only applies if running as a dynamic cache.)
- cachecleanupinterval - Interval in seconds for cleaning up older versions of entries and blocks from the cache.
- cpinterval - Number of seconds after which FLAIM forces a checkpoint. The default is 3 minutes.
- disablemovetoattrcontainer=true/false -
- rflkeepfiles - States that RFL logging is turned on for hot continuous backups. Set to 0 to disable.
- logstreamfiles - When "0" Stream file changes will NOT be logged to the Roll-Forward Log.
- rfldirectory=vol1:rfl - Specifies the volume and path for the Roll-Forward Log files.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- FLAIM Attribute Containerization
- Files In Dib Directory
- Hard cache limit
- Preventing eDirectory from Auto Adding Indexes
- Roll-Forward Log
- Verify Edirectory Config